The aim of the competition is to increase green travel to school and decrease use of cars.
A few pointers:
- The Drop and Hop locations are:
- River St
- Bridge St
- The walking bus leaves the location at 9am (Sharp!)
- The walking bus picks pupils up along the way (and waits for nobody, so be ready outside your house!).
- Parents have volunteered to walk with the pupils but all parents are welcome to walk. (You don't have to be on the rota!)
- Cloughbrack is the shortest route for our youngest pupils or they may join the walking bus closer to the school.
- Bus pupils stay travelling on the bus because it is a very green way to travel.
- There are three bus stops outside the school gates for the pupils to line up and take the walking bus home.
- The challenge is for 15 days
- The walking buses have to travel in all weather (forecast is dry for this week).
- Our aim is to decrease the amount of cars used travelling to school and increase walking to and from school.